Re: Work Proposal

christophe diot wrote:

> But I am a little surprised that we didnt get any feedback from other
> carriers and ISPs. More support would help to have a new ietf working
> group.

I think we should all consider this point very carefully, particularly
since there has been extensive participation from many ISPs over the
last year in design, development, and testing of the current multicast
protocol suite, particularly MBGP and MSDP.

Cheng-Yin's proposal made interesting points, and we should address
those points, but I don't think they warrant spinning off a new
IETF WG, let alone a new multicast service model, certainly not unless
we do get more universal and compelling ISP input.

 John