The VRML External Authoring Interface
Material resulting from EPSRC Visualization and Virtual Environments Community Club, VRML Day, Wednesday 21 May 1997, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory.
Some notes about the presentation:
- It uses the EAI (there's a surprise!). So it might not work on
- It include SGI's Tiny 3D demo (which works on many platforms) and
a simple demo of my own written for Cosmoplayer3a on
Netscape 3.01 for PC.
- Both these example occasionally crash
Cosmoplayer 1.02 running in Netscape 3.01S on the Indigo2 running IRIX 5.3 I use at work. It would be interesting for me if your experience is any different.
- Choose the demoless version if you don't think the demos will work .
- The text on the whiteboard doesn't work on any
platform I've tried it on, but this is probably my fault. I
couldn't test the code since text doesn't work properly on
the version(s) of cosmoplayer I am using.
- Again it worked well for PC, but Unix Netscape seems to
ignore the request to create an exact sized window and the
colours are a *lot* different.
- If all else fails you can load the html files slide1.html
- Source code is available.
There is also a three page summary of the talk (html | postscript).
Last modified: Thu Jan 13 20:02:18 "GMT 2000