RE: Simple Multicast - building a case for a BOF or WG

>>1) We (those of us in this conversation) accept that the current
>>multicast technology proposals simply will not work for the Internet.
>>2) A number of major ISPs believe this very strongly.  They will not
>>roll out significant deployments of the current approach.

Who?  Part of proving Point 1 is that we have case studies available
and people willing to say why they believe this.  I'd love to hear
the experiences of these ISPs.  It'd certainly help me understand
the problems much better.

>>3) A significant portion of the relevant IETF leadership understands and
>>agrees with the issue.
>>
>>However:
>>4) The community of the IETF as a whole does not currently understand
>>this.

Between points 1, 3, and 4, you've done a good job of alienating many
of the people who are desperately needed to help make any new model
a success.

I'd suggest attacks on the existing model stop (Pt 1) and get on
with the job of solving the problem.  When the effort is further
along it will be easier to make apples-to-apples comparisons.

-Kevin