Re: Simple Multicast - building a case for a BOF or WG

Dave,

>  Regarding problem, I regard the primary problem that multicast needs to
> solve is supporting Internet TV channels, many of them.

I would agree on the importance of Internet TV/Radio channels.

The only thing I would add is that there is a corresponding need for
a clear and distinct billing structure that complements the construction
of the tree and the subsequent data flow -- regardless of the tree
being single-source or bi-directional.  Hugh's paper touches upon
this subject, but I think that any new working group in this area
needs to have some *technical* work done in this area.  The feedback
I get from some ISPs (and the like) view this as a massive headache
in deploying multicast amongst their peer ISPs.

-ken