Re: Simple Multicast - building a case for a BOF or WG

Ken,
  I wonder how much of an issue the QoS/R will ever be in practice because
we seem to have evolved to a pretty hierarchical structure to internetworks,
so the best QoS will typically come from following the hierarchy, i.e.
from source thru tail circuit to local ISP to wide-area ISP, and then out
and down to receivers.  Do you have a network topology of concern where
this does not work out?
  Also, I dont believe that single-source has to be constrained to just
use shortest path, although I agree that would require coordination with
the RPF check.  It might be interesting to explore support for asymmetric
routing as part of this issue, if we believed that satellites had a future.

DRC