Re: Simple Multicast - building a case for a BOF or WG

I want to agree with Radia's comment that it would be good to have a
relatively
unified effort to reform multicast, and also that the primary difference
between
EXPRESS and SM is the latter's use of bi-directional tress.

On this latter point, and following up on Adam's query on costs, I'd like
to understand the compelling application(s?) that motivate the bi-directional
shared trees.  I personally cant think of myself, but I can think of lots
of complications/costs in supporting bi-directional trees.

Anyone got an application that ISPs and router vendors would find compelling
as motivaing bi-directional shared trees?

DRC