Re: Simple Multicast - building a case for a BOF or WG

> the primary problem that multicast needs to solve is supporting Internet
> TV channels, many of them.

what the internet has classicly had as it's claim to fame is peer to
peer networking.  rightly or wrongly, many individuals seem to desire
interaction, publication, response, contribution.

we may not want to design in the model whereby the internet becomes
5,000 channels of home shopping.

> So, besides large-scale single-source applications such as Internet TV,
> distance learning ...
 ^non-interactive

aka distance lecturing.

randy