- With application-level framing (ALF), only active packets require processing, at application level; normal packets will not impact performance
- Dynamic Proxylet Servers will allow specific routing and congestion control mechanisms to be introduced at service boundaries.
- Use of signed Proxylets will allow all safe and Internet-friendly JAVA facilities to be utilised
- Services like multicast, caching and media transformation, can be re-used with minimal re-work - but greater functionality and flexibility
- Differentiated services and bandwidth brokers should be achievable with multicast, authentication, confidentiality and accounting
University College London, Dept Computer Science, July 15, 2000
Realising Adaptive Distributed Internet Operations on Active networks