I go by Marios Isaakidis, misaakidis and Prometheas. I am a hacktivist; I develop and support Open Source tools that secure our freedoms in the digital age.
I joined the Information Security Group of the Computer Science Department at University College London in 2016, as a doctoral researcher on Anonymous Communications. My supervisors are Prof. George Danezis and Prof. Mark Handley.
My research interests are mainly anonymity, privacy and decentralization. I have a special interest in censorship circumvention, information security, blockchains and transparent logs, as well as in next-generation network architectures. In a parallel universe I am devoted to space exploration.
In the past I have lead the development of eQualitie's CENO censorship circumvention tool, contributed to the Freenet anonymous publishing platform and acted as a representative for communities such as Mozilla and fedora. Helping found hackerspaces in Cyprus and Greece made me believe in doocracy and in the movement of making. I have also organized a series of events, ranging from space exploration hackathons to cryptoparties and science communication meetups. I always enjoy assisting researchers in exploiting computer science techniques and open datasets as a Software Carpentry instructor, but also journalists, activists, politicians and NGOs secure their communications.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PGP: 7DD5 D164 B690 0A9D FEE2 98B5 E977 D7B8 5232 4D27
- XMPP: email@example.com
- OTR: D0D481A6 BCB9EE7E D0207472 4E60D176 6A35FFEC
- UnlimitID: Privacy-Preserving Federated Identity Management using Algebraic MACs [pdf]
- Marios Isaakidis, Harry Halpin, George Danezis (WPES 2016)
- Eclipse and Re-Emergence of Anonymous P2P Storage Network Overlay Services [pdf
- Marios Isaakidis and George Danezis (HotPETs 2016)
- 32nd Chaos Communication Congress (32C3) - Hamburg, Germany 27-30/12/2015
- Resilient, scalable services on top of P2P storage networks [YBTI assembly, video + slides]
- FOSDEM 2016 - Brussels, Belgium 30-31/01/2016
- Pluggable Transport Implementers meeting - Valencia, Spain 1-2/3/2016
- Internet Freedom Festival 2016 - Valencia, Spain 1-6/3/2016
- Efficient and anonymous communication in a P2P overlay (co-presented with Stephanie Roos)
- Google PhD Summit on Web Security - Munich, Germany 18-20/4/2016
- cryptoparty.in/Cyprus - Limassol, Cyprus 24/4/2016
- Event host, introduced hack66.info/observatory
- CIJ Cryptoparty - London, UK 7/5/2016
- Hacking blocked.org.uk - London, UK 28/5/2016
- IACR Bitcoin Summer School - Corfu, Greece 30/5-2/6/2016
- New Directions in Cryptography & Applications to Cyber-Security - Bletchley Park, UK 15/6/2016
- Hacktivism and Radical Change - London, UK 21/6/2016
- 1st Interdisciplinary Summerschool on Privacy (ISP 2016) - Nijmengen, the Netherlands, 10-15/7/2016
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium - Darmstadt, Germany 19-22/7/2016