Re: Some comments on the recent discussion on sm-interest@cs.ucl.ac.uk

David Meyer wrote:

Thanks for the helpful email. i believe we agree on the remaining work, the
next question is where should the work be done. i think it's easier for this
group to achieve its goal if it were to focus on the 2nd bullet below, the
goal being to scale multicast. The rest of the work should probably be done in
other WGs.

>               (v).    Remaining work
>
>                 o Finish the work on Bidirectional deltas to make that
>                   a near term option

yes, this can be done in the PIM WG  (BGMP & CBT already have bi-dir trees)

>                 o Define extended address delta to PIM and any other
>                   existing protocols

>                 o Decide and define what to do about multicast group
>                   types (EXPRESS and others)

i believe this can probably be done independent of the work to scale
multicast.

cheers,
cyl