RE: Simple Multicast - building a case for a BOF or WG

One more quick point:

Some people seem troubled by the fact that, in the current multicast
service model, membership is anonymous.  We frequently see proposals for
modifications/extensions to IGMP to support member authentication and/or
accounting.  While such proposals may make sense in an Internet like
today's where the leaves are dominated by switched point-to-point links,
there's no guarantee that this will always be the case.  In particular, it
seems likely that the next decade will see some interesting new wireless
technologies being widely used at the leaves of the Internet.

With this in mind, we should try to ensure that any new multicast model(s)
we come up with will make sense in a wireless environment.

	Ross.